RAMALLAH, Thursday, January 26, 2023 (WAFA) – The Palestinian leadership following a meeting headed by President Mahmoud Abbas to discuss today's Israeli army massacre in Jenin decided to immediately end security coordination with Israel.
A statement read by Presidential Spokesman Nabil Abu Rudeineh at the conclusion of the leadership meeting also said that the PA will ask the United Nations Security Council to implement the decision to provide protection to the Palestinian people under Chapter VII.
Following is the full text of the Palestinian leadership's statement:
The President of the State of Palestine, Mahmoud Abbas, chaired an emergency meeting of the Palestinian leadership, to discuss the repercussions of the massacre committed by the Israeli occupation forces this morning in Jenin against our people, which led to the death of 11 martyrs and the wounding of dozens, and the storming of Jenin Hospital and the demolition of facilities in the Jenin camp. , In continuation of the daily killing of our people, whose death toll since the beginning of this month has reached more than 30 martyrs.
The meeting also discussed the plans and policies announced by the extremist Israeli occupation government that it has begun to implement on the ground, including crimes of ethnic cleansing and racial discrimination, continuing attacks on the city of Jerusalem and its Islamic and Christian Holy sites, invasion of Al-Aqsa Mosque, intensifying settlement operations, annexing lands, demolishing homes, the detention of the bodies of the martyrs, and the seizure of Palestinian tax funds.
In light of the Israeli occupation government’s continued non-compliance and denial of international legitimacy resolutions and signed agreements, undermining the foundations on which the peace process was based under international auspices, and the Israeli occupation government’s failure to respond to Palestinian, Arab and international warnings about the seriousness of these Israeli crimes, which are condemned and rejected, the Palestinian leadership decided in its emergency meeting today, what follows:
- In light of the repeated aggression against our people, and the undermining of signed agreements, including security, we consider that security coordination with the Israeli occupation government no longer exists as of now. In this context, we salute the sons of the Palestinian security establishment, for their honorable stances, in defense of our national project and the interest of our people. We also salute the national institutions and activities that watch over the popular peaceful resistance, and we call on them to do more, in order to protect our people and their capabilities in the face of settler terrorism and the occupation forces.
- Immediate approach to the UN Security Council, to request international protection for the Palestinian people, under chapter VII and to stop unilateral measures.
- Urgently go to the International Criminal Court to add the file of the massacre committed by the Israeli occupation forces in Jenin to the other files submitted earlier.
- The immediate call for the advent of the ongoing international commission of inquiry in the Human Rights Council, to investigate and draw up its findings regarding the responsibility of the occupation for this massacre, and to refer its findings to the International Criminal Court and the Security Council.
- Complete joining the rest of the UN and international organizations.
- Movement on the Arab, Islamic and international levels to support the Palestinian position.
- The President's invitation to all Palestinian political forces for an emergency meeting, to agree on a comprehensive, united national vision to confront the Israeli aggression and respond to it.