RAMALLAH, Sunday, June 4, 2023 (WAFA) – The Israeli occupation forces continued for the fourth week in a row today blocking the two main entrances to al-Mughayyir village, east of Ramallah, prohibiting residents from entering or leaving it and forcing them to take other rough dirt roads to get to their destinations.
Amin Abu Alia, the mayor of the village, told WAFA that the two main entrances to the village have been completely blocked by the Israeli occupation army, while the third entrance to the village has been getting blocked by army from 6:30 to 14:00 every day during the past three weeks.
He said those leaving or entering the village for their workplaces and for any other purposes have been left with no choice but to drive through bumpy dirt roads as a result of the arbitrary Israeli closures.
The village is frequently attacked by settlers and occupation soldiers. Last week, one resident was shot in the head and four others injured as settlers attacked the village, setting on fire five vehicles and 270 straw bales belonging to local farmers.