RAMALLAH, Saturday, June 25, 2022 (WAFA) - The three Palestinian Arabic dailies - al-Quds, al-Ayyam, and al-Hayat al-Jadida – highlighted in their issue published today the United Nations' declaration that journalist Shireen Abu Akleh was killed by Israeli fire, and the call to hold the perpetrators accountable.
The dailies also highlighted on their front page the dozens of injuries caused by the Israeli occupation army’s suppression of protests in the occupied West Bank.
Here are the main headlines in the three dailies:
- The United Nations confirms: Abu Akleh was killed by Israeli gunfire
- UNRWA raises $160 million for Palestinian refugees
- Emir of Qatar meets Sisi after years of discord
- Settlers attack a mosque; dozens injured during protests in the West Bank
- Jordan's King: I support the establishment of a Middle Eastern "NATO"
- 50,000 performed "Friday of the rise for dignity" at Al-Aqsa
- Approval of 7,292 settlement units in 375 days
- A plan to bring 15,000 Moroccan workers to Israel
- Ukrainian forces withdraw from a strategic city
- United Nations: Shireen Abu Akleh was killed by Israeli gunfire, and all other crimes must be criminally investigated
- Data: Bennett's government promoted 7,292 settlement units, bids to build 1,550, and a 62% jump in construction work
- Friday marches: Confrontations and injuries, and settlers escalate their attacks
- The occupation forces seriously injure a child and arrest him in Silwad town
- Israeli source: Turkey arrests 3 Iranian cells
- United Nations: UNRWA raises $160 million in donations for Palestine refugees
- More than 50,000 people performed Friday prayers at Al-Aqsa Mosque
- Tunisian government: revealing a plot targeting President Saied
- A Turkish court drops the Khashoggi case after it was transferred to the Saudi judiciary
- Israeli minister threatens Lebanon with "military action"
- Ukrainian forces withdraw from Severodonetsk and await the arrival of heavy weapons from the West
- Germany accuses Russia of taking "the world hostage" using the food crisis
- Dozens of injuries in the West Bank, settlers hoist Israeli flags over a mosque in Kisan
- The President awards the late Saad Jamal al-Majali the Star of Merit from the State of Palestine
- The Tunisian Ministry of the Interior: A plot targeting President Kais Saied was revealed
- UNRWA raises $160 million in donations, and Lazzarini warns: We have entered a dangerous area
- The United Nations: Journalist Abu Akleh was killed by Israeli gunfire, and the perpetrators must be held accountable
- A significant drop in temperature
- Ambassador Guo Wei: China has provided a new grant to UNRWA worth $1 million
- A memorial festival for the martyrs al-Zubaidi and al-Fayed in Jenin camp
- Dweikat: We do not have detainees related to the crisis at al-Najah University; what Ikrima Sabri said is unjustified incitement.
- Poll: The coalition and right-wing camps in Israel are tied, with each receiving 57 seats
- The Emir of Qatar is in Egypt for the first time after years of discord
- The United Nations: the specter of hunger threatens the world
- US Supreme Court repeals constitutional right to abortion; Biden: A sad day for the Court and takes the country back 150 years
- The Beirut Port Explosion Prosecution Office: A London court obliges SAVARO to disclose the identity of the economic beneficiary