NABLUS, Sunday, June 27, 2021 (WAFA) – Two Palestinians were injured with rubber-coated rounds today, when Israeli occupation forces attacked them while reopening a road that had been shut down with earth mounds by the Israeli occupation army.
Musa Hamayel, a member of Beita Municipality, told WAFA that Israeli occupation soldiers attacked staff of the municipality who were reopening the road, injuring two of them with rubber-coated rounds.
He said the occupation army once again bulldozed the road and shut it down with earth mounds.
The road shut down by the army leads to Jabal Sabih mount, where residents of Beita and the surrounding villages have been holding daily rallies to protest the construction of a new colonial settlement called Givat Eviatar.
Israeli occupation forces have used fatal violence to disperse the rallies, killing five Palestinians from the town and injuring over 618 others in almost a month.
In addition to Mount Sabih, Israeli forces erected another colonial settlement outpost atop Mount Al-Arma, north of Beita, a few months ago, as both mounts enjoy a strategic location as they overlook the Jordan Valley, a fertile strip of land running west along the Jordan River which makes up approximately 30% of the West Bank.