Home Local 16/August/2020 01:27 PM

Palestine confirms 381 new cases of coronavirus, two deaths

Palestine confirms 381 new cases of coronavirus, two deaths
File photo

RAMALLAH, Sunday, August 16, 2020 (WAFA) – Minister of Health Mai al-Kaileh confirmed today 381 new cases of coronavirus, two deaths and 450 recoveries in Palestine, registered during the past 24 hours.

She said a three-year-old child and an 81-year-old man died from coronavirus in the West Bank districts of Qalqilia and Hebron respectively.

Al-Kaileh said 188 new cases were registered in Hebron, 25 in Nablus, 23 in Bethlehem, 31 in Qalqilia, 49 in Ramallah, 14 in Jericho, 28 in Tulkarm, two in Salfit and 21 in Jerusalem district.

Regarding recoveries, the Health Minister said 261 recoveries were registered in Hebron, 97 in Jericho, 49 in Bethlehem, 29 in Nablus, six in Tulkarm, two in Salfit, 5 in Qalqilia, and one in Jenin.

Al-Kaileh pointed out that 60.9 percent of the coronavirus patients have recovered so far, while the percentage of active cases has reached 38.5 percent.

She said 26 patients are currently in intensified care, of whom five are on respirators.

M.N

Related News