RAMALLAH, Sunday, March 22, 2020 (WAFA) – Prime Minister Mohammad Shtayyeh announced today a new set of strict precautionary measures to contain the spread of novel COVID-19 (coronavirus).
These measures are:
- Movement between governorates shall be banned.
- Residents of villages and refugee camps shall be banned from reaching city centers, except for emergency reasons.
- All citizens shall be prohibited from leaving their homes according to the mandatory quarantine, as of 10:00 PM on 22/30/2020, except:
- Health facilities and employees, who may provide and show a proof of their IDs.
- Bakery Shops.
- Grocery stores.
- Gas and fuel stations.
- Municipal services, water and electricity service facilities.
- All Palestinian citizens coming back from abroad shall be placed under a mandatory quarantine for a period of 14 days in quarantine centers in their governorates.
- Banks shall work under a state of emergency, and employees may provide a proof of their IDs and/or employee badges.
- Workers in settlements are strictly forbidden from reaching their workplaces inside settlements.
- We call upon Israel to provide humanitarian conditions for workers who stay overnight in their workplaces.
- We call upon Israel, as an occupying power, to assume its responsibilities towards our citizens in the city of Jerusalem, and from our side we will assume our responsibilities towards our citizens there.
- We hold the occupying power responsible for protecting the prisoners and we call for an immediate release of those who are sick, children and women.
- In light of our request to our citizens to stay in their homes, we call on our families in the 1948 lands not to move between Palestinian territories and/or in their place of residence inside the 1948 lands.
- All directorates of ministries in governorates shall be closed, except Health, Finance, National Economy, Social Development and Civil Affairs directorates.
- Security forces and police, and the rest of security services, will be deployed in various city centers and entrances in order to preserve public security and implement full procedures. Whoever violates the procedures exposes himself to the declared penal code.
- We assure our citizens that all supplies are available in sufficient quantities.
- The duration of these procedures is 14 days from its date, and we shall follow up on the evolution of events everyday.