Home World 20/August/2026 11:47 PM

Poland condemns Israel's closure of investigation into World Central Kitchen convoy attack

WARSAW, August 20, 2026 (WAFA) — Poland's Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Thursday expressed disappointment over Israel's decision to close its investigation into the targeting of a World Central Kitchen (WCK) volunteer convoy in the Gaza Strip on April 1, 2024, which killed seven foreign aid workers, including Polish national Damian Soból, as well as Palestinian workers affiliated with the organization.

In a statement, the ministry said it had summoned the Israeli ambassador to Warsaw and conveyed its condemnation and rejection of the measures taken so far, while demanding clarification of the causes and circumstances surrounding the tragedy.

The ministry noted that the case is also being investigated by the Regional Prosecutor’s Office in the Polish city of Przemyśl, Soból’s hometown. It said Poland expects Israel to provide the relevant Polish authorities with all explanations and materials requested by Polish investigators.

Poland's Foreign Ministry stressed that the circumstances surrounding the 2024 tragedy must be fully clarified and said it would not accept attempts by those responsible to evade their legal and moral accountability.

M.N

Related News

Read More