RAMALLAH, Sunday, February 5, 2023 (WAFA) – The three Palestinian Arabic-language dailies focused today on the brutal Israeli military raid yesterday on Aqabat Jabr refugee camp, in the city of Jericho, which resulted in the injury of 13 Palestinians, some of them seriously.
These are the main headlines of the three dailies:
- 13 [Palestinians] injured in an Israeli raid on Aqabat Jabr refugee camp… Occupation fails to arrest wanted young men in the camp.
- Itamar Ben-Gvir vows resignation, demanding harsher policies against the Palestinians.
- Tens of thousands of Israelis demonstrate against Netanyahu and the judicial overhaul.
- Mounting concerns of femicide in Israel over Itamar Ben-Gvir’s plan to facilitate licensing of firearms.
- US [fighter jet] shoots down suspected Chinese spy balloon over South Carolina.
- Israeli website says Netanyahu aims to fill West Bank with high-speed tunnels.
- Massive Russian bombing on Ukraine.
- Uncovered for the first time… Netanyahu aims to fill West Bank with high-speed tunnels to solve the issue of geographic contiguity and link the Israeli settlements with Israel proper.
- 13 Palestinians injured, three of them seriously, in an Israeli raid on Aqabat Jabr refugee camp.
- Tens of thousands of Israelis demonstrate against Netanyahu for the fifth week.
- Israel claims it shot down a Palestinian drone over the Gaza Strip.
- Islamic Jihad chief Ziad Nakhaleh discusses the developments in the Palestinian arena with Egypt’s intelligence chief.
- Israeli occupation continues its siege on Jericho for the 8th day in a row and raids Aqabat Jabr refugee camp.
- President Abbas to participate in a conference at the Arab League to support Jerusalem.
- [Palestinians in the village of Al-Judeida, near Jenin] bid a farewell to martyr Abdullah Qalalweh.
- Tens of thousands of Israelis demonstrate against Netanyahu.
- Marking World Cancer Day, Health Ministry says 5320 new cancer cases were discovered in Palestine in 2021.