RAMALLAH, Thursday, May 7, 2020 (WAFA) – Minister of Health Mai Alkaila said this morning that a new coronavirus case was confirmed in the southern West Bank city of Hebron bringing the total in the West Bank to 355 and in Palestine in general that includes East Jerusalem, the West Bank and Gaza Strip to 547.
She said the new case is for a Palestinian man who contracted the disease while working at an Israeli chicken slaughter house in the Naqab desert in the south of Israel.
Three cases of coronavirus were confirmed in the Gaza Strip yesterday among arrivals from abroad and who were in isolation bringing the total there to 20.
Recoveries in Palestine in general amounted to 222 following reports of 54 patients recovered yesterday in the West Bank and East Jerusalem.
Four deaths from coronavirus so far - two in the West Bank and two in East Jerusalem.