Home Archive 13/February/2019 01:52 PM

Palestinian home near Bethlehem barrier demolished, family displaced


BETHLEHEM, Wednesday, February 13, 2019 (WAFA) – Israeli forces demolished a Palestinian home in the city of Beit Jala, to the west of the biblical city of Bethlehem in the south of the occupied West Bank, under the pretext it was built without a permit, according to the home owner Mohammad Zreina.

He told WAFA that Israeli forces raided his house in the Bir Onah area of Beit Jala, which is located near the Israeli segregation wall, assaulted his family members before proceeding to demolish it.

He said that this is the second time the Israeli army demolishes his home and displaces his entire family, saying that it will hard for him and his livestock, which he lives from, to move to another location.

Over 80% of Bir Onah land was classified as C according to the Oslo Interim Agreement, which means it is under full Israeli military control where Palestinians are not allowed to development to benefit from, leaving only 20% of its land classified as A, which is under full Palestinian control.

Israel seized over the years a large area of its agricultural land to build the segregation wall as a first step toward annexing the land beyond the wall to Israel by incorporating it into Jerusalem city s.


Related News

Read More