HEBRON, Friday, May 29, 2020 (WAFA) – Israeli occupation forces prevented today the call for dawn prayer at the flashpoint Ibrahimi Mosque in Hebron, south of the occupied West Bank, as well as denied access of worshipers to the mosque, local sources said.
Hefzi Abu Sneneh, head of the Waqf Department in Hebron, said dozens of Israeli soldiers deployed around the mosque and intensified their measures at the roads leading there, banning access of worshipers to the site.
He said the forces also dispersed dozens of worshipers who were gathering outside the mosque in order to get a chance to pray there.
In the meantime, the Israeli forces prevented the muezzin (the person appointed to recite the call to prayer) of the Ibrahimi Mosque, Sheikh Seraj Sharif, from completing the call for dawn prayer and forced him out of the mosque.
Since the beginning of last week, hundreds of Muslim worshipers resumed prayers at the site after the Palestinian government announced an ease in coronavirus-related restrictions on mosques and places of worship.