GAZA, August 20, 2026 (WAFA) — The death toll from the Israeli occupation's aggression on the Gaza Strip has risen to 73,417, while the number of injuries has reached 174,360 since the start of the aggression on October 7, 2023, medical sources in Gaza said today.
The sources said hospitals across the Gaza Strip received the bodies of 10 Palestinians killed and 25 injured people over the past 24 hours.
They added that the death toll since the ceasefire on October 11 last year has risen to 1,283, while the number of injuries has reached 4,248. A total of 813 bodies have also been recovered.
The sources noted that a number of victims remain under the rubble and on the roads, as ambulance and rescue crews have so far been unable to reach them.
K.T



