Home Occupation 29/May/2022 03:33 PM

UPDATE(3): Israeli forces attack Palestinians rallying in protest of settlers' flag march, injuries reported

BETHLEHEM, Sunday, May 29, 2022 (WAFA) - Israeli forces today attacked Palestinian protesters who rallied throughout the West Bank in condemnation of the settlers’ flag march, which is set to take place later today.

Israeli forces attacked protesters who rallied across the West Bank to protest the annual massive settler march which celebrates the occupation of the eastern part of Jerusalem in 1967.

Forces attacked protesters in the town of Bazzariya to the northwest of Nablus as well as in the village of Taqou to the east of Bethlehem, leading to clashes.

Forces fired tear gas canisters against protesters, causing many protesters to suffocate.

Two Palestinians were also shot and injured by rubber-coated steel bullets and one by shrapnel during clashes that broke out in the towns of Burin and Huwwara to the south of Nablus. Several others sustained burn injuries, while at least seven others suffocated due to tear gas inhalation.

A Palestinian youth was also shot by a rubber-coated steel bullet in the foot during similar clashes that broke out in Deir Sharaf area to the west of Nablus. At least 23 others were treated at the scene from tear-gas suffocation.

Settlers reportedly gathered on Jenin-Nablus Road, near Deir Sharaf town, rioting and closing off the road.

Israeli forces also attacked Palestinians who rallied to the east of Tulkarem city, firing rubber-coated steel bullets and tear gas canisters against them. Dozens reportedly suffocated due to tear gas inhalation.

In the meantime, two Palestinians were shot and injured by rubber-coated metal bullets and others suffocated as Israeli military forces attacked a rally that took place at the northern entrance to al-Bireh city.

Meanwhile, Israeli forces stationed at al-Jalama military checkpoint, northeast of Jenin, attacked Palestinians who rallied in support of Jerusalem and in protest of the settlers’ flag march, firing stun grenades and tear gas canisters at them, which caused several suffocation cases among them.

The Israeli army further attacked Palestinian protesters in the village of Atouf to the southeast of Tubas. Forces fired rubber-coated steel bullets, stun grenades, and tear gas canisters at the rally, however, no injuries were reported.


Related News