UMM AL-FAHM, Thursday, May 20, 2021 (WAFA) – Palestinians in the city of Umm al-Fahm in the Palestinian territories occupied since 1948 embarked today on a one-day general strike in protest of the death of a 17-year-old teenager at the hands of the Israeli occupation forces earlier this week.
The family of Mohammad Mahmoud Kiwan, 17, the Umm al-Fahm Municipality and the High Follow-Up Committee for Arab Citizens said in a statement that they hold the Israeli occupation authorities responsible for the teen's death, and said that his killing was part of the Israeli war crimes in the rest of the occupied Palestine.
Kiwan was shot and seriously wounded by Israeli police on May 12, 2021 during a demonstration held in protest of the ongoing Israeli aggression on Gaza. He died of his critical wounds yesterday.
Clashes erupted between Palestinians and the Israeli occupation forces in the city shortly following the announcement of his death yesterday.