GAZA, January 13, 2016 (WAFA) – At least one Palestinian was killed and three others were injured, including one seriously, after Israeli warplanes bombed a location in the town of Beit Lahia, north of Gaza city, on Wednesday.
The victim was identified as Mousa Ze’eter, who was killed after being struck with shrapnel resulting from the airstrike.
The three others who were injured were transferred to a nearby hospital for medical treatment, where their cases ranged between moderate and serious.
Earlier Wednesday, a number of Israeli armored tanks and bulldozers infiltrated the Gaza borders with Israel, east of Gaza city, and razed Palestinian-owned agricultural land before withdrawing from the area.
The Israeli aerial bombing coincided with another naval attack targeting the same location.
In July and August of 2014, Israel carried out a 51-day offensive against the Gaza Strip that killed more than 2,160 Palestinians, mostly civilians, and injured some 11,000 others.
The onslaught finally ended with an August cease-fire deal. At least 73 Israelis – 68 soldiers and five civilians – were also killed during the 51-day war.
Breaking the Silence, an Israeli NGO, said that testimonies that it had collected from the Gaza war painted a “troubling picture” of the Israeli army‘s policy of “indiscriminate fire,” which, it asserted, had “directly resulted in the deaths of hundreds of innocent Palestinian civilians.”
The NGO said it had collected testimony from 60 Israeli soldiers and officers who had participated in the offensive – dubbed "Operation Protective Edge" – against the Gaza Strip.
The Israeli army “carried out mass destruction of civilian infrastructure and homes,” the NGO noted, adding that, “in many cases, the destruction occurred without any clear operational justification and after ground forces had already ‘cleared‘ and left the area.”