RAMALLAH, Sunday, March 29, 2020 (WAFA) – Government spokesman Ibrahim Milhem confirmed late last night seven new cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in the West Bank, bringing up the total in Palestine to 104.
Milhem said in a press release that six cases were confirmed in the village of Qatanna, northwest of Jerusalem, five of which were for members of one family. He said the cases documented include an 12-year-old girl, two women in their thirties, one woman in her fifties, one man in his thirties and another in the fifties.
Milhem had earlier announced that a woman in her thirties was tested positive for COVID-19 in the village of Al-Qubeiba, just near Qatanna.
He said the cause for the new cases was socialization with family members and friends, urging Palestinians to stay home and not to socialize with family members.
Of the total of 104, nine are in the Gaza Strip and the rest are in the West Bank.