Important News
Home Archive 20/February/2020 10:40 AM

Process underway to build a settlers-only road in north of West Bank

 

NABLUS, Thursday, February 20, 2020 (WAFA) – The Israeli authorities proceeded today with a process to build a new road to be used only by Jewish settlers in the north of the occupied West Bank, according to Ghassan Daghlas, a Palestinian official who monitors settlement construction in the northern West Bank.

He told WAFA that the planned road will start from the village of Zaatara, south of Nablus, and will pass through land owned by the towns of Huwwara, Beita and Odala.

He added that the Israeli government issued a decision to open this 7-kilometer-long road in April 2019, whose establishment will lead to the seizure of about 406 dunums of land from seven villages to the south of Nablus.

Daghlas said that opening this road will cause losses in agricultural lands and will contribute to Israel’s apartheid system of separate roads to settlers and the original Palestinian inhabitants of the area.

To be noted, Israel last week started the construction of an 8-kilometer-long road that would connect the colonial settlements of Eli and Shilo in Nablus district with other colonial settlements in the Jordan Valley.

K.T./M.K.

Related News

Read More