RAMALLAH, Monday, April 20, 2020 (WAFA) – Seven new cases of coronavirus were confirmed in Palestine today raising total to 329, according to Ministry of Health spokesman Kamal Shakhra.
He said at the daily briefing on the outbreak in Palestine that the seven cases include two from the West Bank village of Beit Anan near Ramallah, two from Kufr Aqab, an East Jerusalem neighborhood located on the Ramallah side of Israel’s separation wall, one from Nablus who contracted the disease while working at Augusta Victoria hospital in East Jerusalem and is kept at the hospital, and two from the Gaza Strip of a man and his wife who recently returned home from abroad across Rafah crossing with Egypt and had been kept in isolation since then.
With the new two cases in Gaza, the total in the sea enclave is now 15, including 11 who recovered, and the rest are in the West Bank. The number in Gaza may increase since after testing 300 cases of returnees, two came out positive and 350 tests are still in the laboratories.
Shakhra also said two people from Bethlehem who had recently recovered had once again tested positive for the disease, putting the total of recovered now at 69. Two dead in the West Bank.
He also said 120 cases are in East Jerusalem even though this figure is not official, and one dead from the occupied city.