RAMALLAH, Friday, June 19, 2020 (WAFA) – Minister of Health Mai al-Kaileh confirmed on Friday evening 24 more cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) which brings up the total cases reported in Palestine so far to 858.
She said 14 of the new cases were in the city of Nablus, north of the West Bank, while the remaining 10 others were in the southern West Bank district of Hebron.
Al-Kaileh pointed out that 592 patients have recovered so far, whereas 261 cases remain active to date, including 170 cases in Hebron, 38 in occupied Jerusalem, 4 in Ramallah, 4 in Bethlehem, 5 in Qalqilia, 18 in Nablus, 4 in Jenin, 2 in Jericho, one in Tulkam, and 15 in the Gaza Strip.
In the meantime, Prime Minister Mohammad Shtayyeh said the high emergency and security committees will meet on Saturday to discuss the reports of the health committees regarding the sharp increase in the number of coronavirus cases, and the measures required to contain the pandemic.
Shtayyeh called on the public to further adhere to the safety requirements in order not to lose control over the spread of the pandemic.