RAMALLAH, Sunday, July 5, 2020 (WAFA) – Minister of Health Mai al-Kaileh confirmed today two deaths from coronavirus (COVID-19) in the Hebron governorate, an epicenter of the disease south of the occupied West Bank.
She said with the death of the two, who had been suffering from chronic diseases, the coronavirus death toll in Palestine has reached 19.
Meanwhile, al-Kaileh told official Palestine TV that the Ministry of Health will recommend an extension of the current 5-day lockdown in Palestine, as the pandemic situation necessitates such extension.
She said that out of the total coronavirus infections in the country, 50 are medical staff who contracted the disease during treatment of patients at hospitals.
Al-Kaileh urged all people to adhere to the safety and prevention protocols and the home quarantine in order not to reach a point of no return or lose control over the situation.
The official pointed out that three of the total cases are currently connected to a respirator, adding that the total number of respirators available in Palestine is 350, and most of which are occupied. She said 150 new respirators are expected to arrive in Palestine soon.