HEBRON, Sunday, May 17, 2020 (WAFA) – Minister of Health Mai Alkaila confirmed today five more cases of COVID-19 in the southern West Bank governorate of Hebron, bringing up the total cases reported in the country so far to 560.
She said a total of 452 patients have recovered so far, representing 81.4 percent of the total cases.
She said the number of active cases rose to 103, including 59 in occupied East Jerusalem, 8 in Jerusalem governorate, 30 in Hebron, 2 in Nablus and 4 in the Gaza Strip.
Alkaila added that eight governorates in the West Bank are now free of the novel virus, namely: Tubas, Jericho, Qalqilia, Jenin, Bethlehem, Salfit, Ramallah, and Tulkarm.
In the meantime, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates announced that a Palestinian woman, 78 years old, died from COVID-19 in the United States.