RAMALLAH, Thursday, August 27, 2020 (WAFA) – Six corona-infected patients have died and 622 new cases were recorded in Palestine in the past 24 hours, today said Minister of Health Mai Alkaila.
She said in the daily brief on the corona pandemic in Palestine that the six deaths were for a 76-year-old man from Idna town and a 69-year-old man from Tarqoumia, both in the south of the West Bank, a 67-year-old man from Attil town and a 76-year-old man from Qalqilya in the north of the West Bank, a 62-year-old man from Jaba village near Jerusalem, and one person from the Gaza Strip. Total deaths so far since the outbreak of the pandemic in Palestine in March has reached 158.
Of the new cases, 265 were in the southern West Bank Hebron district, 80 in the Ramallah district, 20 in the Gaza Strip and 100 in East Jerusalem, the capital of Palestine.
The Minister said 325 patients have recovered in Palestine in the last 24 hours, including 150 in the Hebron district, 100 in Nablus and 60 in East Jerusalem.
In addition, 26 patients are still in intensive care, four of them are on respirators.